Sunday, January 31, 2010

January is over

I have not been keeping up on posting as much as I want to. I started doing our taxes today and it looks as though we actually owe money. This is the first time ever. I then looked at our withholding amounts and they have dropped substantially. I suppose that explains why we now owe money.

Why is it that as soon as I think I am getting a handle on the finances, something comes up that costs money. In attempting to save money, I feel as though I am actually spending more. I suppose that I will simply have to be even more cautious. I think that finding better methods to save will prove the best method.

I got Tim a book on investing and I think that it is very well written, it explains concepts in everyday language. I think that the information will definitely come in handy as soon as we have some discretionary money.

I continue to search for tips that will help in changing our saving habits, yet not detract from our quality of life. I have found some, but one thing that I need to employ all of them is time. I suppose finding more time in the day is like finding more money in the paycheck. I don't see either happening any time soon.

For now I am getting together some stuff to donate to Big Brothers, Big Sisters of New Mexico. It is nice when they come out and pick stuff up. So much easier to simply get bags together and put them out on the curb.

I just found out, this week, that my younger daughter needs braces. We already got them for my older daughter, now we get to go through it again. This time, the orthodontist wants more than last time. I have to do some Orthodontist Price Shopping. It would be wonderful if we could get her braces done for about the same price.

Yesterday we went to get the oil changed in my older daughter's car, we had to get an Oil System Flush as well. There are a few things we need to get fixed on her car. I suppose that we will have to take care of things one at a time. The next thing to get fixed is her tail light, one of them is out. I also need to find a good after market body shop so that we can get her moon roof repaired.

It seems as though things continue to pile up; however, there are a few things that have been taken care of. I have most of the papers in the house shredded and have a plan for keeping them under control. The Dining Room is almost done and looks great (I still need to find 2 captain's chairs that I like, but that can wait). I was, also, able to fix a crack in the wall and re-caulk the dining room. There are some other small projects that need completed, but I will get those taken care of over time.

Love to all! Have a great money saving start to your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment