Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cleaning is Therapudic

I have been cleaning and clearing clutter all last week and this week. Yesterday, I finally shredded all of those papers hanging about. I hope I can keep it up.

I have settled on a style to clear up some of the paper mountain. I am going to keep the bills in my center desk drawer and shred the old bill as soon as the new bill comes in showing the previous one paid. Hopefully, this will work.

I had a little bit of a back slide yesterday on the budget issue. I did just a little bit of shopping that I probably should not have done, although I did only buy a few items for the house, which is an improvement. I got curtain rods and curtains for the dining area. I will post a picture once I get it all set up.

Today, I got up on the ladder and cleaned one of the upper cabinets in the kitchen. When I was taking down the holiday stuff, I noticed that they were very dusty. I think that I am going to try to clean at least one more this evening and leave the other for tomorrow. I did get one side of the Plexiglas sealed together, it has to cure for 12 hours so I will have to wait to do the other side until tomorrow.

So far, so good. I have to remember to take one day at a time on the budget. It seems as though as soon as I get a plan to cut spending, some expense comes up that cuts into my plan. I guess I will have to continue to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment