Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baked Ziti is a hit









We made Baked Ziti tonight and it was fabulous.
Here is the recipe that we used:

First Roast 3 red bell peppers
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; discard the seeds and pith.
3. Place peppers in one layer on large pan.
4. Broil, 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes on one side (or until quite charred)
5. Turn and cook until second side is charred
6. Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap and cool.
7. Peel and discard skins.

2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cups water
14 1/2 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, undrained
6 oz can tomato paste
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 pound ziti
2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes

1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions.
3. In skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, add onions; cook stirring, until softened (2 minutes). Add water, tomatoes (with liquid), tomato paste, parsley, oregano, and basil. Break up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Slice roasted peppers.
5. Drain pasta, return to pot, but do not heat.
6. Stir the tomato sauce, roasted bell peppers, 1 & 1/2 cups of the mozzarella, the Parmesan, and sun-dried tomatoes into the pasta pot.
7. Spoon into a 9 X 12 baking dish. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over top.
8. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through and the cheese has melted.

I found this great web site for investment information, for those of us who are invest-mentally challenged.
http://www.investopedia.com/?viewed=1

I went out today and got my refund for my chairs and then was able to get the other two for the sale price.

I also created a budget in excel, where I will record all of my spending every day. I hope that I can keep that up. I have begun going through all of my papers. I always have trouble keeping the paper under control. I am trying to come up with a system that I can maintain that will cut the paper clutter. I do have a filing cabinet, but I have a difficult time getting all of these papers filed.

If anyone has any paper control suggestions, please let me know. At this point I am open to any paper organizing ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment