Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer is Here

Well, Summer is finally here and I immediately got sick. I am getting ready for "Summer" Cleaning and redecorating. I am getting ready to redecorate my girls' bedrooms. Both girls have decided on a theme and now we have to figure out how to implement them. I do not spend much money on redecorating, so we have to be creative in our design. Currently, we have selected paint and have decided how to reuse a couple of pieces in the house. Often by re-purposing some pieces we can save some money. I know that my kids are a lot like me, they can only handle a design for a few years before updates must be made.

We are going out today to buy paint for both bedrooms, I have found that paint is the cheapest way to change the look of a room and right now True Value has a buy one get one sale on paint, so we are going to check out there first.

Last week, we made some food to freeze so that we could have a few quick meals over the next month. Lasagna is my contribution, I love my easy recipe.

Lasagna
1 package "no-boil" lasagna noodles
1 16oz container ricotta cheese
4 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 cup of water
1 lb of ground beef
1 can of sliced mushrooms
1 fresh garlic
1 onion chopped

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
In skillet, brown ground beef, garlic, and onion. Add mushrooms, sauce and water. Set aside.
In large bowl, blend ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
In 9x12 casserole dish, spread sauce mixture to lightly cover the bottom of the dish, then layer (in order) 3 noodles, 1/2 the cheese mixture, then 1/3 of the remaining sauce mixture, repeat.
Next, add final layer of noodles, then remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil.
Bake for 1 hour.
Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.

That is it.
Easy and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment